- So why do you like Ender's Game so much?
- Are you sure you're ready for this conversation
Once you understand what people really want, you can’t hate them anymore. You can fear them, but you can’t hate them, because you can always find the same desires in your own heart.
Orson Scott Card (“Speaker for the Dead”)
- I've had a lot of fights, Val. I've won because I've always understood the way my enemy thinks. And when I truly understand them-
- You also love them.
- I think it is impossible to truly understand someone, and not love them the way they love themselves, but in that moment-
- You beat them.
- I destroy them. I make it impossible for them to ever hurt me again.